This website is run by NHS Business Services Authority. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader.
- Most of our pages are difficult to navigate using just a keyboard.
- You cannot navigate the website using speech recognition software.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille you can contact us by:
Phone: 0191 203 5318
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that are not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, you can contact us by:
Phone: 0191 203 5318
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
You can contact us by:
Phone: 0191 203 5318
We also provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment. Call us on 18001 203 5318.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
NHS Business Services Authority is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- The NHS Business Services Authority logo is not detailed correctly. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.9 Images of Text and 1.1.1 Non-text content.
- Some pages have missing or uninformative page titles. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.2 Page Title.
- Some pages have inconsistent page headers and titles. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.2 Page Title.
- Some pages skip a heading level. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.6 Headings and Labels.
- Some pages do not contain detailed error messages. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 3.3.3 Error Suggestion.
- Some error messages are not persistent. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 3.3.3 Error Suggestion.
- Some pages are not displayed correctly when you zoom into 400%. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.10 Reflow
- Some pages contain fieldsets which are missing legends. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 2.4.6 Headings and Labels.
We plan to fix these issues by April 2021.
Navigation and accessing information
- It’s not always possible to change the device orientation from horizontal to vertical without making it more difficult to view the content. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.3.4 (orientation).
- It’s not possible for users to change text size without some of the content overlapping. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.4.4 (resize text).
- It’s not possible to navigate all of the website using speech recognition software. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2 (Name, Role, Value) & 4.1.3 (Status Messages).
We plan to fix the above issues by April 2021.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 26 November 2019 by the NHS Business Services Authority development team.
We tested our main website platform.
We test all website screens to meet ‘AA’ WCAG 2.1 standards, using manual and automated tests.
We run each webpage through automated Wave and Google Audits accessibility tools then manually test with screen readers (NVDA & Voice Over) and standards checklists.
These checklists contain standards that have been compiled using WCAG, NHS service manual and GDS guidance.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We’re committed to making sure this website is compliant to WCAG 2.1 ‘AA’ standard.
Our accessibility compliance statement will be reviewed every six months. Every new released website will be designed, built and tested to meet ‘AA’ standards by default.
This statement was prepared on 28 November 2019. It was last updated on 28 November 2019.