The National Health Service Pension Schemes, Additional Voluntary Contributions and Injury Benefits (Amendment) Regulations 2019.
Subject to parliamentary procedure and the outcome of the current consultation, the employer rate is due to rise from 14.3% to 20.6%. This will be collected at the same time as the admin levy of 0.08%. Therefore, subject to the outcome of the consultation, a total of 20.68% for employer contributions and admin levy will be collected from 1 April 2019.
More details in relation to funding will be provided following the consultation outcome.
The consultation documents are now available to view on the GOV.UK website.
The consultation ends at the close of business on Monday 28 January 2019.
The Department of Health and Social Care welcomes any comments or views on the proposals set out.