Skip to main content Skip to footer

Requesting our data

If you want to request data for research, please see our data for academic research page.

Ad hoc data requests

If you want to submit a one off request for data, complete our ad hoc data request form (Word: 234KB) and email it to:

Make sure you allow plenty of time for your request to be processed, as this can take up to 6 weeks.

Your request will be assessed using our data policy, and may have to be revised. If your request is complex or time consuming, it could be declined. If our team are able to fulfil a large or complex request, we may charge you for this.

Public sector organisations can ask us about accessing the data we hold. Email us at to discuss ongoing access to our data.

NHS Commissioner dental patient letters

If you need to write to dental patients in England or Wales, send either of these forms to:

Contract closure notification form (Word: 268KB)General letters form (Word: 238KB)

GDC and legal bodies

If you are a legal body and would like to request dental data, send our legal request for data form (Word: 280KB) to:

Your rights

You can request certain information under the Freedom of Information act (FOI Act). If you want to request information from us under the FOI Act, email us at:

You can request a copy of the information we hold about you. Find out more about Subject Access Requests and how to make one.