To register for ePACT2, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you're a GP practice, you must complete the GP practice access ePACT2 registration form (Word: 304KB).
All users must agree to the terms of the ePACT user agreement before being given access.
Access to ePACT2 is not available to pharmacy contractors.
Levels of access available
There are five levels of access available:
- GP practice – practice reports at prescriber level plus pre-defined NHSBSA dashboards only.
- Prescriber level – includes access to produce your own reports.
- Financial – itemised prescribing payment (IPP) reports and remuneration reports, and practice level data for all organisations. This includes access to produce your own reports. This level of access is not available to GP practices.
- National dashboard level – includes NHSBSA dashboards and practice level predefined reports.
- National level – practice level data for all organisations, which includes access to produce your own reports. You need to justify why this level of access is needed.
Who can register
Prescriber level data and financial data is available to anyone authorised by either their organisation’s Caldicott Guardian or nominated authoriser.
Requests must be submitted from the authoriser’s email account. The level of access must be stated in the request. For example, prescriber level data only, financial data only or prescriber and financial.
The following types of organisations can register:
- NHS England Local Teams CD Accountable Officers
- Sustainability and Transformation Partnerships (STPs)
- Primary Care Organisations (PCO) which includes CCGs and local authorities
- GP practices/cost centres
- Primary Care Networks (PCNs)
- Independent sector healthcare providers and hospital trust providers
- Commissioning Support Units (CSUs)
- Hospital trusts
- Public sector and other organisations who need to monitor and manage prescribing data in primary care
National-level data is available to organisations who can provide a valid reason for requiring access to view the data, including:
- DHSC users
- NHS Digital
- Other organisations who need access at national level (England)
You can find the Caldicott Guardian for your organisation by downloading the Caldicott Guardian register on NHS Digital. They will be able to authorise your access.
Once you’ve activated your account, your user ID will be deactivated if you do not access the system for 6 consecutive months.
Contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.