Skip to main content Skip to footer

Sending in your claim

How to submit your claim

Dispensing contractors must send in a declaration form, called a 'submission document', when they are making their monthly claims for reimbursement and remuneration.  There are different forms to use depending on what you are making a claim for, and whether you are a pharmacist, GP or dispensing appliance contractor.  Below is a table so you can check which form you should use. 

NHS Prescription Services sends you your submission document in advance for you to make your monthly claim.  Each FP34A, C, D and PD Submission document is personalised and has a barcode on it specific to each contractor, and for pharmacists, dispensing doctors and appliance contractors to each dispensing month.

Please make sure you fill in all the relevant areas on the form.

Type of dispensing contractor Type of item dispensed Form to send  Form colour
Appliance contractor Medical appliance FP34A Green
All dispensing contractors Private controlled  FP34PCD White
Dispensing doctor  Any item allowed on an FP10 FP34D Submission Document Pink
Dispensing doctor High volume personally administered vaccine item   FP34D Appendix form (together with FP34D Submission Document) Pink
GP who is not a dispensing doctor A personally administered item (such as a vitamin B12 injection)  FP34PD Submission Peach
GP who is not a dispensing doctor High volume personally administered vaccine item FP34PD Appendix form (together with the FP34PD Submission document) Peach
Pharmacists Any allowed item on an FP10 FP34C Submission document White

When to send in your claim

Dispensing contractors should despatch their claims, appropriately sorted, to NHS Prescription Services, no later than the fifth day of the month following that in which the medicine was dispensed, except appliance contractors who should despatch theirs by the third day of the month.

If you don't have your claim form

If you lose your form or do not get it before you have to send us your claim, please phone or email our helpdesk on 0300 330 1349 or   

Find out about call charges.

Never use a photocopy, or a copy from another dispensing contractor.