ePACT2 is an online application which gives authorised users access to prescription data.
You can access online analyses of prescribing data held by NHS Prescription Services. Data is available 6 weeks after the dispensing month.
ePACT2 has more functionality available to users than the original ePACT system, including the ability to:
- interrogate prescription data in ways not been possible before
- easily create data visualisation using interactive reports and dashboards
- look at high level data summaries down to individual prescription item detail
- schedule queries to be pre-run so the results are available when the user opens a dashboard
- export the data from reports and dashboards
- add an alert to trigger workflows based on specific events
- access to whole country data
- view patterns of prescribing at patient level
ePACT2 provides easy-to-use analysis, reports and dashboards. You don't need an N3 connection as you can access the system with an internet connection.
To register for ePACT2, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have registration guidance for ePACT2 (Word: 245 KB).
It’s important for us to receive your feedback to help us improve the system and services we provide.
You can send your feedback to: email@example.com
ePACT2 User Agreement (EUA)
ePACT2 contains data down to single prescription level. If you have access to this level of data, remember that you can't share confidential data outside of your organisation. For this reason, you should read and agree to the ePACT2 User Agreement (Word: 250 KB) as part of the registration process.
ePACT2 privacy impact assessment summary
You can read our ePACT2 privacy impact assessment summary (PDF: 102 KB).
Understanding ePACT2 data
Certain parts of ePACT and ePACT2 are not comparable. This is because we have enhanced ePACT2 to provide an improved data set.
An explanation of the fields held in the system is available on the Data Dictionary (Excel: 46 KB).
You can use the age logic summary flowchart (PDF: 205 KB) for information on how patient age is determined in ePACT2.
Training and support
There are a number of dashboards which are available to all ePACT2 users.
Information on the available dashboards and their specifications is available at ePACT2 dashboards.
Contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.