ePACT2 is an online application which gives authorised users access to prescription data.
You can access online analyses of prescribing data held by NHS Prescription Services. Data is available six weeks after the dispensing month.
ePACT2 has more functionality available to users than the original ePACT system, including the ability to:
- interrogate prescription data in ways not been possible before
- easily create data visualisation using interactive reports and dashboards
- look at high level data summaries down to individual prescription item detail
- schedule queries to be pre-run so the results are available when the user opens a dashboard
- export the data from reports and dashboards
- add an alert to trigger workflows based on specific events
- access to whole country data
- view patterns of prescribing at patient level
ePACT2 provides easy-to-use analysis, reports and dashboards. You don't need an N3 connection as you can access the system with an internet connection.
To register for ePACT2, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
It’s important for us to receive your feedback, to help us improve the system and services we provide. Please send your feedback to email@example.com
ePACT2 User Agreement (EUA)
ePACT2 contains data down to single prescription level. If you have access to this level of data, please remember that you can't share confidential data outside of your organisation. For this reason, we ask you to read and agree to the ePACT2 User Agreement as part of the registration process.
ePACT2 Privacy Impact Assessment Summary
Understanding ePACT2 data
Certain elements of ePACT and ePACT2 are not comparable. This is because we have enhanced ePACT2 to provide an improved data set.
An explanation of the fields held in the system is available on the Data Dictionary
You can use the Age Logic Summary Flow Chart for information on how patient age is determined in ePACT2.
Training and support
'How to’ guides
These guides are designed help you to get the most from ePACT2.
Online Oracle Training Academy
Oracle Training Academy is available within ePACT2. It offers tutorials on how to analyse data and create dashboards.
To access the academy, log into the system and then click on “Academy”.
In the academy you can:
- take a tour
- explore your data
- view reports in dashboards and analyses
These help users understand how we designed each dashboard and each set of analysis. They take into account:
- the methodology used
- any assumptions made during the process
We aim to have a specification available for each dashboard.
As we develop more dashboards, we will add further specifications. These will include:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Dashboard
- Volume & Costs Dashboard
Our YouTube video tutorials will help you navigate the system, run analyses and create filters:
Contact us if you have any questions or would like more information.