We handle over 1 billion prescription items every year.
Our new ‘Manage your service’ application offers an online alternative to the current paper-based process.
The service will go into live private beta on Tuesday 25 September 2018. We’re testing it with 88 community pharmacies. This allows us to identify and fix any issues before launching the service.
What our aims are
The amount of electronic prescriptions has been increasing, and we’ve been working on digitising:
- pharmacy prescription submission forms
- referred back items processes
These processes use a lot of resource and our aim is to:
- provide a secure online alternative to the current paper based submission of the FP34C
- reduce the number of disallowed and unpaid items
- save time for pharmacies while reducing our operating costs
- efficiently improve prescription pricing
Pharmacy staff spend a lot of time processing ‘end of month’ claims, and we want to reduce their workload where we can.
This will create savings that we can reinvest in frontline patient care
How this will affect your pharmacy
Once our new service has launched, you’ll be able to complete your end of month submission online.
- there’ll be less room for error in the submission process
- you’ll be able to view all your past submissions in one place
- you’ll be able to manage your submissions more easily
- verifying your prescriptions after processing and payment will be much easier
You’ll still need to send your paper prescriptions to us as normal.
If you’d like more information about the project, contact us by: