We handle over 1 billion prescription items every year.
Our new ‘Manage your service’ application offers an online alternative to the current paper-based process.
The service will go into live private beta on Tuesday 25 September 2018. We’re testing it with 88 community pharmacies. This allows us to identify and fix any issues before launching the service.
What our aims are
The amount of electronic prescriptions has been increasing, and we’ve been working on digitising:
- pharmacy prescription submission forms
- referred back items processes
These processes use a lot of resource and our aim is to:
- provide a secure online alternative to the current paper based submission of the FP34C
- reduce the number of disallowed and unpaid items
- save time for pharmacies while reducing our operating costs
- efficiently improve prescription pricing
Pharmacy staff spend a lot of time processing ‘end of month’ claims, and we want to reduce their workload where we can.
This will create savings that we can reinvest in frontline patient care
How this will affect your pharmacy
Once our new service has launched, you’ll be able to complete your end of month submission online.
- there’ll be less room for error in the submission process
- you’ll be able to view all your past submissions in one place
- you’ll be able to manage your submissions more easily
- verifying your prescriptions after processing and payment will be much easier
You’ll still need to send your paper prescriptions to us as normal.
Quality Payment Scheme
Following on from the publication of NHS England’s guidance for the Quality Payments Scheme February 2019 review point; you’ll able to claim for a quality payment via Manage Your Service.
Manage Your Service provides added benefits over the SNAP survey tool. This includes the ability to provide you; at the time of making your declaration, with confirmation that your pharmacy has been assessed against national datasets as either meeting or not meeting the gateway criteria. This means if you have not met the five gateway criteria, you have the opportunity to take corrective action before you make your declaration.
Manage Your Service Access Authorisation
To register your pharmacies and authorise access for individuals for Manage Your Service, you must be the Business Owner, Director or an Individual previously verified via the NHS BSA Information Services Portal (ISP) registration process and need to complete the Manage Your Service Access Authorisation form (Word 244KB).
If you’d like more information about the Manage Your Service, contact us by: