If you have used an unofficial website to apply for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you can fill in a quick online survey to help us gather information.
Why we process your information
The NHS Business Services Authority will use the information you have given us to:
- monitor the activities of unofficial websites and co-operate with any enforcement action against them
- help improve our processes
We will ask you for:
- your contact details, including your name and address
- information relating to the website and fee you paid
Your information will not be transferred outside the European Economic Area and Switzerland.
Sharing your information
Your information may be shared with other organisations as part of the monitoring of unofficial websites and any enforcement action, including criminal charges, which may be taken against website owners. These organisations are:
- Department of Health and Social Care
- NHS Counter Fraud Authority
- National Trading Standards
- bodies performing functions on their behalf
Keeping your personal information
Your personal data will be anonymised no later than two years from when the information was provided to allow sufficient time for any investigations to be conducted.
National Trading Standards may hold the information for longer if they need to take enforcement action.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
From 25 May 2018, you will have the right to:
- request that your information be deleted if you believe the NHSBSA are keeping it for longer than necessary
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.