The NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA) is responsible for this service.
Why we process your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- assess your application
- pay you
- check for fraud and errors
- analyse general trends to support more effective planning of NHS services
By law, we must process this information on behalf of the NHS.
Sharing your personal information
We may share your information with:
- administrators of other Infected Blood Support Schemes in the UK to ensure you are directed to the correct scheme
- medical professionals for the assessment of any future applications/appeals made
- the Department of Health and Social Care for planning and information purposes
- Russell Cooke Solicitors to obtain the necessary information to make accurate payments
We may share information to help prevent fraud and error.
Your information will not be transferred outside the UK or European Economic Area unless you, at any time, reside outside of that area and the transfer is required so we can contact you about the service and/or pay you.
Keeping your personal information
We will delete your information no later than 7 years after the date of the final payment made to you or any of your dependants.
The information you provided will be managed as required by Data Protection law.
You have the right to:
- receive a copy of the information the NHSBSA hold about you
- request your information be changed if you believe it was not correct at the time you provided it
From 25 May 2018, you have the right to:
- request that your information be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary
Find out more about your rights and how we process information.